Relief / Cover Support Worker – Learning Disabilities Supported Living
At Tyddyn Môn we have multiple opportunities available to join our compassionate team. Whilst experience is welcome, it is not essential as full training will be provided.
Would you thrive working in a community house setting, pursuing the principles of everyday living for vulnerable people? If so, then read on to uncover these rewarding opportunities where you’ll be supporting vulnerable adults to live a qualitative life in their own home, endorsing a person-centred approach, which at all times respects the person being supported.
We have roles on Anglesey for relief/cover work. Whilst hours are not guaranteed, there is currently a regular flow of work to cover holidays and sickness, with some relief/cover team members choosing to work part time up to 20 hours per week, others taking on more hours to fulfil cover full time and some doing less to fit around their lives. We operate on a 24/7 rota and as a team we cover day, evening, and weekend shifts, and sleep ins.
Tyddyn Môn is a not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity. We have been providing support for adults with a learning disability with a range of needs for over 30 years. We offer person centred care and support at seven supported living settings on Anglesey, where we create an environment that promotes independence and positive outcomes, where individuals are supported to shape their own lives. What we do makes a real difference.
The Role – Relief Support Worker
You will be supporting people to maintain their independence in a supported living house. You will be working in one property on your shift supporting a number of individuals, so no travelling around to different homes during the day. You will support the individuals to shape their own lives. This may include helping them shop, go on trips out, visit family, attend activities etc.
As a Relief Support Worker at Tyddyn Môn, you will join a team of dedicated and long-standing colleagues. We will provide you with the ongoing training you need, support you and give you the opportunity to develop your skills and gain a number of qualifications.
- A starting pay rate of £9.50 per hour with sleep-ins paid at £71.28 per night
- Double pay for day hours worked on a Bank Holiday
- DBS and training paid for by the charity
- Generous annual leave – 30 days per annum inclusive of public holidays (based on full time hours equivalent)
- Enhanced sick pay after one years’ service, rising to 9 weeks at full pay and 2 weeks at half pay after 6 years’ service
Our Requirements – Relief Support Worker vacancies
- Ability and willingness to work flexibly on a rota shift pattern
- Ability and willingness to drive (individuals we support have mobility vehicles which you will need to drive as needed)
- Passion for making a positive difference to the lives of vulnerable people
- Able to see beyond challenging behaviour
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Willingness to undertake all identified training
- Patient, and calm and confident in challenging situations
- Effective and clear communication skills
- Ability to work in a team in a supportive and considerate manner
What our Support Workers say:
“It’s a nice place to work, I like the people I work with and the support I receive.”
“Tyddyn Môn have been very supportive throughout the pandemic, updating us of changes to the rules and regulations and providing us with the essential PPE we have needed to perform our roles as Support Workers. I personally feel more than able to approach the management for guidance and support.”
“I have personally received support from a company who genuinely care about me as an individual. I feel valued and I’m very proud to tell people I work for Tyddyn Môn.”
How to Apply
In the first instance, please express your interest in this Relief Support Worker vacancy by submitting your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org . We will then promptly contact you to discuss any queries you may have before requesting for you to complete an application form and progressing your application. This email address can also be used for any enquiries.